It’s Tuesday! I decided this week to participate in the Top Ten Tuesday meme, which is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, one of the blogs I really enjoy reading. The themes always seem pretty interesting and fun, so I think I’ll be participating in this one fairly often.
Today’s Top Ten theme is… ‘Top Ten Words I Love’
- perpetual – [continuing or enduring forever; everlasting] I remember learning to say this word. It was in a Nancy Drew book and I asked Dad to repeat it over and over again until I could get it right. I’ve loved it from that day, though honestly I don’t know why!
- diaphanous – [delicately hazy; very sheer and light] Just really love the sound of this one as it passes through your lips. So pretty!
- endoplasm – [the inner portion of the cytoplasm of a cell] Yeah, I know I’m strange. From the first time I heard “endoplasmic reticulum” in High School Biology class, this word has stuck with me. I love saying it.
- plethora – [overabundance; excess] Fun word!
- eloquence – [the practice or art of using language with fluency and aptness] I wish I was eloquent.
- dulcet – [pleasant to the ear; melodious] Pretty, sweet, and fun. It’s also not your every-day way of describing a sound.
- ethereal – [light, airy, or tenuous; extremely delicate or refined] Elves, Faeries, Pixies, Angels, Unicorns…this word brings all those to mind.
- halcyon – [calm, peaceful, tranquil] I adore peace and quiet. I love this word so much that I used it as the name for a Kingdom on Eternal Visions… (a (mostly unfinished) MUD that I and some friends run).
- coastal – [of, relating to, bordering on, or located near a coast] It’s the beach, man, the beach! Boy do I miss the Gulf Coast!
- equestrian – [a person who rides horses] This is near and dear to my heart, for my greatest joy in life is to get on my horse and ride until the world is a blur and the only thing that exists is the moment right then, right now…me and my horse.