Well, hello there! I have again been absent, if I ever really returned the first time, and I do deeply apologize for this. As a good many of you know, my husband and I are expecting our first child in July of this year, and the process has been…trying. Without getting too personal, we did a cycle of IVF and became pregnant immediately. Because apparently I am an utter wuss when it comes to drugs (and I’m talking prescription ones here, people!), especially hormonal ones, I’ve been a veritable MESS for months. We’re talking sleeping 18 hours a day, inability to eat, getting sick if I can eat, dehydration, dizziness that just wouldn’t quit…and lets not even discuss my attention span. For all of November and December, I think I did not finish a SINGLE book. I’d open one, get to page 10, 11, perhaps even as far as 20…then fall asleep and forget what I’d read.
This, of course, made it entirely impossible to review a book – heck I couldn’t even finish it! So, really, life just happened. I had to take a step back and recover and adjust.
I’m -almost- fully recovered and adjusted. I wanted to wait until I had made sure my attention span was back (gestating really DOES give some folks weird brain issues!) and my ability to recall what I’ve read had returned and all that good stuff. So far, so good…so here we go!
I’d like to formally and publicly apologize to Casey of The Bookish Type…I am SO sorry I disappeared before finishing out the Fall Into Fantasy schedule. You may give me 20 lashings and deprive me of chocolate for a lifetime, because I deserve it.
I had a backlog of books I needed to finish reading in 2010 – both self published and sent from publishers and/or authors in the traditional publishing industry, and I have an even bigger backlog now. The books I’ve read since Jan 1, 2011 and plan on reviewing to get started again are:
- Linwood Barclay – No Time For Goodbye
- Mary Higgins Clark – Where Are The Children?
- Maggie Stiefvater – Linger
- Wendy Delsol – Stork
- Orson Scott Card – Enchantment
- Claire Avery – Hidden Wives
- Mary Higgins Clark – Just Take My Heart
- Jeff Long – The Descent
- Brenda Pandos – The Emerald Talisman
- Tess Oliver – Camille
My initial focus as far as future reading goes will be on the books I’ve received from Publishers and from Self Published Authors.
The self published books include:
- Adi Alsaid – Somewhere Over The Sun
- Laura Kreitzer – Shadow of the Sun
- Charles Hall – A Chronicle of Endylmyr
- Andrew Taylor – The Anatomy of Ghosts
- Lynne Burke – In Small Measures
- Dennis Lehane – Moonlight Mile
- Nance Bulow-Morgan – Legend Destiny
- Jessica Dee Rohm – Sugar Tower
- Donatella Fragiale & Cristina Fagiale – Popularity Genie in a Bottle
- Charles L Fields – Sentimental Me
- JC Marino – Dante’s Inferno
If your book/name is not on this list, then I do not have your book. As far as books sent by publishers, I have a pile that is far too large to list, but rest assured I -will- get to them as quickly as I can.
Thank you all for being so patient and kind with me. I definitely appreciate it. To my followers who have stuck with me through this – thank you SO much!