Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created & hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Books…
I’d Play Hooky With
- On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta – I just reviewed this one over here. It’s seriously one of the most fantastic books I’ve ever read. I’ll probably hide in a closet and make my husband deal with all-things-baby when I read it again, just so I can read it straight through.
- Morning Glory by Lavyrle Spencer – Guilty pleasure. It’s a romance…and the only one I’ve ever really loved. I read this thing until it fell apart (in my teens) and then it got left behind when I moved out of my Dad’s house. Then…Hurricane Katrina ate it. Maybe I should buy a new copy.
- Anything by Christopher Pike – Come on, you knew this one was going to be on here. (Or, well, you did if you’re a regular reader.) If you didn’t know…well, I have a thing for Pike. I heart him. I’d hug him and bake him cookies and stal…er, you know, admire him in person…if I could. (I’m not ACTUALLY going to stalk Christopher Pike, people…calm down!) 🙂
- The Passage by Justin Cronin –
- The Twelve by Justin Cronin – I WILL be hiding in a closet to read this one as soon as I possibly can. Oh yes, that will be me. Sorry, Mr. LitObsession, but you better be prepared!
- The Black Stallion by Walter Farley – Ah, nostalgia.
- Any book in The Thoroughbred Series by Joanne Campbell – Ah, nostalgia again. 🙂
- Anything by Mary Higgins Clark – I can’t help it, I love her mysteries!
- Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes – This book shows up on so many of my TTTs. Really, I just love it, and I’d totally play hooky with it. I kind of do, actually, because every time I start it I have to finish it as soon as possible!
- The Hunger Games Trilogy – I mean, really, who wouldn’t play hooky for that? 🙂